Gifted and Talented Network Ireland is the national association in Ireland advocating for the educational needs of gifted children and supporting parents of gifted children.
We are a non-profit, voluntary organisation.
A Charter for Gifted and Talented Network Ireland
GT Network is a network of Gifted Advocacy Groups in Ireland. We exist to network Irish parents and organisations with a shared interest in the education and well-being of Exceptionally Able/Gifted & Talented children.
Gifted children have specific educational, social and emotional needs that are, in general, not addressed currently in schools. The absence of dedicated training during Initial Teacher Education (ITE) and the absence of specific school policies has a profound effect on the educational attainment of gifted children and by extension, their social and emotional well-being.
- to help parents network with other parents to share experience and expertise
- to be proactive in our advocacy on behalf of gifted children so that their educational needs, and by extension, their social and emotional needs are met in schools
- to advocate for specific Initial Teacher Education in the needs of gifted children
- to advocate for the inclusion of the needs of gifted children in school policies
- to seek the support of and to liaise with education partners in achieving these objectives
Membership of to Gifted and Talented Network Ireland is open to recognised organisations (eg. Gifted Advocacy Groups) who support the objectives of GT Network.
Please contribute to the development of a charter for GT Network by leaving a comment below with your ideas and suggestions for how GT Network could operate.